Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Karunga, Kenya...Here I come!!

I AM GOING TO KENYA!

Details (what I know so far):

• I'll be in Karunga, Kenya. Its a rural fishing town on the eastern shore of Lake Victoria in the Southwest corner of Kenya (very near the Tanzanian border)
• I'll be working at the St. Camillus Hospital with a group of Italian and Kenyan priests, a Hungarian surgeon, and other international volunteers. I'll also be with other Catholic Medical Mission Board volunteers (see below).

If you're interested, here is the link to the Hospital: http://www.karungu.net/

And here is a link to a wonderful blog by a volunteer that is currently there! http://www.laurenmeisman.blogspot.com/

Thanks to all of you for being so supportive and excited for me. Now that I know where I'm going, it’s slowly becoming all the more real. Please continue to pray for me and the people I will be working for/with. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. I bet that lake will be beautiful. Enjoy and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to hear all about your adventure! Love you -

    ReplyDelete